We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor
for our client in the Montgomery, AL area.
The Production Supervisor will perform duties required to supervise and coordinate the activities of workers involved in the manufacture of various products. Overall responsibilities range from fabrication of raw material through secondary machining operations, assembly, surface finish, surface coating, and packing utilizing manual, semi-automatic equipment.
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor will include but are not limited to the following:
- Review work schedule to determine production requirements and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan operations and assure on-time delivery.
- Assist maintenance department on repair and maintenance of machines when needed
- Plan/schedule work establishing priorities and sequence of operations assuring timely coordinated and effective utilization of resources to assure work is completed according to plans, schedules, and specifications. Monitor attendance, vacations and daily work records.
- Confer with other Managers and support function managers to coordinate production activities and resolve production related problems.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality specifications; suggests changes in work methods to increase efficiency of work group.
- Establish and maintains a schedule for cross-training of operators to insure a trained, flexible workforce. Reviews employees as to skill proficiency and insures proper documentation of skills training and associated personnel actions as required.
- Counsel employee on production goals, objectives, and performance as needed. Insures proper documentation is obtained, processed, & filed.
- Establish proper safety training of personnel and develops employee’s involvement in maintaining a safe work environment. Investigates work related injuries and processes proper documentation for Workers Comp purposes. Resolves any safety related problems in an efficient and rapid method.
- Promote employee involvement through delegation of responsibility and accountability at the employee level.
- Establish and maintains an accurate inventory methodology for raw material, in-process work and component parts.
- Monitor quality of work produced to insure that all work meets required specifications. Establishes needed training on quality methodology such as Statistical Process (SPC) or other visible means to insure output meets cell objectives.
- Conduct regularly scheduled group meetings with cell personnel to insure that open communications are fostered and awareness by employees of issues that affect them. Keep employees informed of policy changes.
Qualified candidates for the Production Supervisor
will have the following combination of skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment required prior to entry into position
- Requires a thorough knowledge of management principles, processes and techniques as applied to manufacturing and distribution operations and supervisory practices
- Ability to apply principles to solve practical problems with situations where only limited standardization exist.
- Must be adept with mechanical knowledge and hands-on maintenance of machines
This is a Direct Hire position.
This position is a 2nd-3rd shift position: must be flexible and be able to work 3pm-11pm or 11pm-7am.
Salary will be $50-55,000, depending on experience
All offers of employment will be contingent upon background check and drug test.
If you feel you meet the qualifications of this position, please click ‘Apply’ and attach your resume or work history for review!