We are urgently looking for a Planner Materials Coordinator for a manufacturing company in the area!
The Planner Materials Coordinator would perform duties required to coordinate and plan for a sufficient flow of work through the supply chain to meet customer demands and business objectives. Conduct random inventory and safety stock audits to ensure material and parts availability to maintain established inventory levels and meet production demands.
- Daily separate and distribute computer printouts (schedules, back order reports, production from prior day, re-promise due, re-promises the prior day).
- Review work orders printed for the current day and determine action to be taken.
- Add work orders utilizing information from MPS system and knowledge of Kanban availability, roll mill schedules and purchased parts availability.
- Utilizing daily MRP & MPS information, schedule, reschedule or cancel orders as needed.
- Schedule system maintenance daily to close orders and update issue dates.
- Ensure material or parts for available orders are pulled from the Kanban locations or roll mill and placed in the first operation.
- In conjunction with Cell Manager (usually weekly), review future production requirements to determine production cycles and quantities needed at punch press/roll mills.
- Communicate raw material requirements to Corporate Purchasing once a month initially and ongoing if production levels change.
- Daily review receiving documents on purchased item, move on hand inventories from “inspection” to proper cell location (Glovia) report discrepancies to receiving department.
- Utilizing scrap reports, weekly input information to minus and or adjust scrap product from
- W.I.P. inventories
- Review critical data fields currently used with the MRP system.
- At least once monthly (no later than last workday) insure all in-process orders are properly coded in the system as “in process”.
- Assist, as needed and directed in providing required information to Plant Customer Service.
- Provide information to Inter-plant Coordinator on inter-plant transfer orders.
- Assist as needed in year-end physical inventories.
- Weekly, and on the last day of the month, issue all polishing supplies consumed within the cell.
- Follow process for material rejects with Quality Control, etc.
- Work with supervisor on cycle counting and key in quantities while being aware of variances.
Qualified candidates for the Planner Materials Coordinator will meet the following requirements:
- At least 1.5-2 years of experience in a similar or related position with general office and planning experience required prior to entry into position.
- Prior experience working with Glovia database software is preferred.
- Requires knowledge of office administrative practices and activities
- Computer proficiency required in Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (must be able to demonstrate familiarity with each software prior to being considered.).
- Must be able to learn and demonstrate proficiency within Glovia database system to perform essential job functions.
- At least 25 lbs of lifting, pushing, pulling, etc. may be required.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.The schedule will be 6-2 and at the end of the month, 7-3, Monday – Friday.
Pay is $15.00/hour.This is a long-term position.
For consideration, please click ‘Apply’ and attach your resume or work history for review!