Calling all experienced CNC Programmers! We are URGENTLY looking for a professional CNC Programmer that is well-versed in SMART CAM, CAD, and up to 4 axis CNC machine tool programs to join the team of a great manufacturing company in the Montgomery area!
The responsibilities of the CNC Programmer include:
- Ensure that quality products are manufactured safely and economically on the Computer Numeric Control (CNC) machines.
- Program using SMART CAM
- Lead and coordinate all activities associated with new machine tool projects and new products
- Suggest and optimize tool speeds and feeds to maintain high manufacturing demands while holding the required tolerances and obtaining maximum tool life.
- Establish the optimum CNC process with regards to machine selection, fixtures and tooling.
- Establish and maintain excellent and appropriate documentation as prescribed by standard operations and procedures.
- Develop 2, 3, and 4 axis CNC machine tool programs.
- Recommend/establish new software when applicable.
- Train other CNC programmers as needed.
- Develop spreadsheets to analyze any given opportunity (i.e., machine capacity analysis, etc.)
Qualified candidates for the CNC Programmer position will meet the following requirements:
- Will have the proven ability to program and operate all CNC equipment as well as perform machine prove outs on the various equipment
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of programming experience and up to 4 axis machining experience.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology, IE or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and production specifications.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and gauges.
- Experience in Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) applications either manually or written in a computer language.
- Strong written, verbal and computer skills
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience desired.
- Basic 5S knowledge and experience.
- Proficient in waste identification and elimination methods.
This is a long term position.
Pay for the CNC Programmer is $20-25/hour, depending on experience.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.
If you feel you meet the qualifications of this position, please click ‘Apply’ and attach your resume or work history for review!